Cable TV Ratings

The Daily Briefing with Dana Perino Ratings

Twitter · Facebook
The Daily Briefing with Dana Perino Nielsen RatingsThe Daily Briefing with Dana Perino Nielsen Ratings
1MO3MO6MOYTD1YR2YR

The Daily Briefing with Dana Perino is a 60-minute weekday afternoon news program broadcast on Fox News Channel. The show, which is often dominated by breaking news from Washington and around the country, explores the major issues that Americans are facing today. As airing of the program frequently coincides with The White House press briefing in the 2PM/ET hour, the daytime newscast does not only provide the latest developments breaking out of Washington but also an in-depth look at the major stories in the U.S. The Daily Briefing ensures its viewers get the best information and analysis on the news of the hour across the nation and the globe.

The Daily Briefing is anchored by author, political commentator, and former White House press secretary for President George W. Bush Dana Perino. Aside from The Daily Briefing, Perino also serves as co-host of The Five on FOX News Channel, and sole host of Dana Perino's Book Club on FOX Nation. Since joining the FOX Network in 2009, Perino has appeared on multiple FOX News and FOX Business Network programs. Most recently, she conducted an interview with Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg to discuss the state of social media, political advertising, and ongoing regulatory efforts on privacy and antitrust. Dana Perino is the founder of Minute Mentoring.

The Daily Briefing with Dana Perino Ratings Chart

Ratings chart for The Daily Briefing with Dana Perino show on Fox News Channel

Dana Perino Ratings: The Daily Briefing set viewership record for the month of April 2020 when it recorded a whopping 2.4 million in total viewers and 492,000 in the key 25-54 demo. Perino's show consistently posts higher ratings than its competing daytime programs at both CNN and MSNBC, effectively making The Daily Briefing the highest-rated cable television news program in the 2pm hour time slot. The preceding 3-month period also marks the show's best ever ratings quarter according to Nielsen data.

The Daily Briefing with Dana Perino Historical Ratings

14The Story with Martha MacCallum1,153,00025
15Fox News @ Night6960,00027
16Fox & Friends First1456,0004

Comments (180)

1. US VetUS Vet
    May 2, 2021 14:58 GMT

Fox needs to kick that weak kneed Chris Wallace square in the ass and out the front door.
    Maria Bartiromo needs to fill spot that Sunday Morning "Fox News Sunday" .
    She is a tough ,rational ,common sense reporter that will ask the questions ,that Chris Wallace doesn't have the COURAGE to ask.
    Then move that program to the time slot to go right against NBC "Meet the dePressed"
    and CBS " Face the Nation" . Please Please Challenge that Sunday morning liberal one sided blather coming on National and Cable News .

2. Gary KellyGary Kelly
    Apr 25, 2021 21:22 GMT

Wallace is a Democratic pawn!

3. CarterBCarterB
    Apr 25, 2021 19:23 GMT

Wife and I were dedicated Fox News regular daily watchers...until Nov 2020. First we "tuned out" Chris Wallace..... Then Bret Baier.....now ONLY watch Hannity and occasionally Tucker and Laura Ingraham. We have "gone over" to Newsmax..particularly Greg Kelly....and OAN....the ONLY ones NOT 'roped in' by the uber lib, socialist and "America is bad" activist groups.
    Fox has "lost" it's "fair and balanced" approach, and gone the way of CNN, bowing to "social pressure" of the ''cancel culture" So sad than a once great network has gone soft.

1. Clyde SkaflestadClyde Skaflestad
      May 5, 2021 16:19 GMT

I've been doing the same thing. I don't know how the network can say their fair and balanced with a a liberal like Chris Wallace.

4. Gary KellyGary Kelly
    Apr 29, 2021 03:06 GMT

Tim Scott hit a home run tonight! I’d be proud to call him my President one day! Truly Presidential material! America is not a racist country! Tim Scott walked the walk! Tim Scott’s rebuttal was so sincere! So refreshing! America is still the greatest country on earth. Don’t believe the doom and gloom power seeking radical democrats.

5. NathanNathan
    Mar 29, 2021 11:04 GMT

I only watch Tucker, Hannity Ingraham & the Five and keep wondering why Wallace hasn't been fired. Just out of curiosity, I tuned in to Wallace on Sunday to see how he treated Biden's Press Secretary Psaki. He let her get away with lie after lie about the border crisis and never pressed her like he would any Republican. I fill in my Sunday news with Newsmax.

1. Murray LanskyMurray Lansky
      Apr 25, 2021 14:15 GMT

Hey! Since to see someone who thinks like me! I might be replying kind of late (my wife and I were out of town for a week on our annual vacation), but I agree wholeheartedly with your comments. I am writing this comment right after flying home from Mexico late yesterday night. I woke up before 9am (I live in Atlanta), and decided to catch up with the news by watching Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday, celebrating it's 25th Anniversary. After watching, I think it would be great to see him replaced ASAP by someone truly non-partisan and actually honest about everything and with everyone! I am tired about his "Latest Fox News Polls" that he worships, and seem contrary with actual public opinion. We need a great deal more information and details on these polls. I am still waiting for someone (anyone) to call him on these "polls" after his 17 years and his celebrating "his 25 years on FNS", also another lie! Thanks!

6. GregGreg
    Apr 14, 2021 17:20 GMT

Fox News seriously needs to dump Chris Wallace, Neil Cavuto, Juan Williams, Judge Nap, Geraldo Rivera, and Juan (twice). They are really contemptuous of their viewers and think they are smarter (maybe too smart) than everyone else. Wallace is weasel trading on his dead father's (Mike Wallace) name. Neil thinks he knows everything about everything when in fact, he's a dolt. Juan is the dumbest person on TV on any channel with one card to his came - R-A-C-I-S-T. If anyone disagrees with Juan, they are racist. All the bad things in the world happen because of racism. Meanwhile Juan is practiced in the art of distancing himself from being considered 'black' as his ethnicity is Panamanian. Although it is fun to watch Juan get smacked down on The Five by Watters and Gutfeld.

1. HHOHHO
      Apr 18, 2021 16:12 GMT

I completely agree with the comments about Chris Wallace...he constantly letting Democrats off the hook. I’ve been watch Tucker, Hannity, and the Five too. If you aren’t watching Sunday Morning Futures you are missing out Maria Bartiroma is consistently holding Binden’s feet to the fire. She always has the top GOP voices on her show every Sunday. Lawrence Jones on Prime Time is also interesting...he’s not as polished as some yet, but always has unique perspective on Conservative issues.

7. Gary KellyGary Kelly
    Apr 25, 2021 13:41 GMT

Can the USA survive the communist Biden regime? God I hope average Americans come to their senses and fix their 3 rd world elections to save their Republic! Voter ID is a requirement even in socialist Canada!

8. LoriLori
    Nov 9, 2020 17:56 GMT

I truly dislike Chris Wallace. So sorry that Fox News is becoming another CNN. Hope Tucker and some others switch to a more conservative channel soon.

1. RobertoRoberto
      Mar 5, 2021 17:57 GMT

How do I feel about Fox having Wallace moderate the debate and the election coverage and the overall left swing. How do I feel about Fox deleting my posts on their on line coverage? I just cancelled my cable tv subscription. No more funding them or cnn. Sorry, Tucker, Greg and Jessee, but I refuse to be censored for no reason. Same for Youtube.

9. Michael AlfanoMichael Alfano
    Oct 29, 2020 20:10 GMT

I didn't leave FOX, Fox left me.

1. CatherineCatherine
      Jan 18, 2021 23:14 GMT

Absolutely. 50% of Fox is strongly left leaning. I support debate and opinion but when they unfairly try to characterise our president as someone who led a violent insurrection, I am out. I listened to his speech and thought it no different than any of his other speeches. Every movement will have extremists on the wings. President Trump cannot be held responsible for their violent actions.

President Trump has been a phenomenal president, probably the best ever. It is sad that so many in our country did not appreciate him and his tremendous defense of and advocacy for our democracy. It is sad that Biden supporters have flushed away a wonderful America in favor of a communist society. Our children and grandchildren have been robbed.

10. John DrydenJohn Dryden
    Mar 25, 2021 19:09 GMT

I am down to watching only Tucker pretty much. Laura is arrogant and overbearing with her guests and Hannity is tiresome with his ego and conspiracy theories .... There are some other personalities that I like including Maria Bartiromo, Will Cain and Pete Hegseth and Rachel Duffy and Brian Kilmeade. The rest are interchangeable fillers and very left oriented. Not worth watching anymore ....

Reasons for not watching at all would include Chris Wallace, Donna Brazillle, Juan Williams, Marie Barf, Chris Hann and Dana Perino

1. T DT D
      Mar 29, 2021 10:42 GMT

I think one of the worst on FOX is Dana Perino,. People who stutter and stammer over simple sentences , on purpose , do it to gain or keep control of the audience and are very annoying to watch as they can't get out a single thought without blathering all over themselves. Dana does it constantly, and no matter what she implies, she really doesn't appear to be that smart.

NOTE: You are replying to 's comment. [Cancel]