Cable TV Ratings

The ReidOut with Joy Reid Ratings

Twitter · Facebook
The ReidOut with Joy Reid Nielsen RatingsThe ReidOut with Joy Reid Nielsen Ratings
1MO3MO6MOYTD1YR2YR
64133311111

The ReidOut is a weeknight television show airing on the cable network MSNBC at 7 p.m. ET. The program, which premiered in July 2020, addresses provocative political issues both inside and outside of the beltway by means of one-on-one conversations with politicians and newsmakers. Broadcasting live from Washington, the primetime lede news talk show is noted for its tenacious interviewing style and the host's passion for the exploration of the intersection of race, justice, and culture in America; all the while delving into the day's unfolding political headlines, and breaking down complex issues in a way that makes them digestible and accessible.

The ReidOut is hosted by Joy-Ann Lomena-Reid, a best-selling author and public speaker, who first joined MSNBC in 2011 as a contributor. Joy Reid previously hosted an afternoon show called The Reid Report and AM Joy, which aired on weekends. With The ReidOut, Reid's third show for MSNBC, she became the first black woman to host a national primetime news show since PBS NewsHour’s Gwen Ifill died in 2016, and the first black woman to anchor a primetime network show in the history of cable television. Prior to joining MSNBC, Joy Reid worked in the local news scene of Florida and also served as press secretary for the 2008 Barack Obama campaign.

The ReidOut with Joy Reid Ratings Chart

Ratings chart for The ReidOut with Joy Reid show on MSNBC

Joy Reid Ratings: The premiere of The ReidOut on July 20, 2020 set a network record when 2.6 million viewers tuned in to watch the episode, becoming the most watched show on its debut on MSNBC for the 7 p.m. ET time slot. That night, Joy Reid beat Martha MacCallum's The Story on Fox News by a margin of 23% as well as Erin Burnett Outfront on CNN by 99%, effectively winning the slot on all of cable news. Since then, the show has consistently ranked in the top 20 cable news programs, gaining much higher ratings than Hardball with Chris Matthews.

The ReidOut with Joy Reid Historical Ratings

Aug 202016317,000+28.34%111,974,000+14.17%+523%
Jul 202025247,000161,729,000+600%

MSNBC Top Programs

Comments (184)

1. Erlinda GinsburgErlinda Ginsburg
    May 8, 2021 03:20 GMT

I can’t watch this extremely racist, hateful, decisive moron. She is short on facts, hysterical, presents as a “poorly information high school mean girl”! Why is she on television? There is no benefit to either liberals or conservatives for her hateful rhetoric.

2. Zeke HalanZeke Halan
    May 8, 2021 03:04 GMT

One need only watch Ms. Reid once to know once is enough.

3. bob cobbbob cobb
    Apr 28, 2021 14:25 GMT

Joy Reid is the biggest racist on television and her show is unwatchable. Her ego is bigger then any news journalist. Worse then Don Lemon, Chris Cumo and even Tucker Carlson. They should be ashamed to put this idiot on the news.

1. Ricardo SandersRicardo Sanders
      May 5, 2021 20:30 GMT

You are the racist

4. Al mooreAl moore
    May 5, 2021 16:56 GMT

I dont watch joy reid....MLK would be dissapointed in her rhetoric. Fact check that.

1. Kaneesha williamsKaneesha williams
      May 5, 2021 16:58 GMT

I totally agree.

5. SandrineSandrine
    May 9, 2021 00:34 GMT

It gives me much Joy to see Joy take a ratings plunge. Also to see how many on-target NEGATIVE reviews have piled up here, as they are richly deserved. What makes them extra impactful is that, unlike me, many of her critics here have stated that they really LIKE other MSNBC hosts, with Joy being the skunk at the garden party. They got that right. She is the Worst. Even Sharpton is a few notches above her.

Like reviewers here, I used to watch MSNBC a LOT. I'd say it was about halfway thru 2018 that I began to turn away, to the point where I've completely avoided it for about a year. I refuse to be a vessel into which the hosts and guests pour their one-note propaganda, along with their ridiculous attitudes of moral righteousness. I can no longer suffer the constant onslaught of overwrought identity politics, racial pandering, and a paucity of decent journalism that's been replaced by a full blown TDS - a highly skewed agenda. Not just superficial, but also incredibly boring. It is an obvious arm of the Democratic party, with operatives, activists, & cheerleaders masquerading as journalists.

And then there's Joy... Ah, Joy, Joy, Joy... What to say about Joy? I turned her off way before I gave up on the other MSNBC shows. It was about a yr into AM Joy, and I dropped out for some of the same reasons people say they hate the ReidOut. I dont need the ReidOut to know what a race-obsessed, divisive, narcissistic, disingenuous, angry, nasty lady she is, although it sounds like those characteristics have only intensified now that she has a prime time show. Her delivery was way too hot, hyperbolic, and just plain hyper. Finally, seeing how she shamelessly lied to the world about her past homophobic posts, saying she was hacked, and that she was calling on the FBI (the FBI!!!) to get to the bottom of it, and then sidestepping responsibility like common criminals do when they claim "Detective, I just cannot recall ever doing THAT... but sorry IF anyone FEELS like I did... IF that is their truth...") MSNBC kept her on, then upped her position. That says it all.

I would say its time for Lights Out on the ReidOut, but I'd rather have the corrupt and clueless MSNBC keep Joy on (as they will) till her inevitable spectacular flame out.

6. William HeckathornWilliam Heckathorn
    May 6, 2021 12:30 GMT

So I have read many comments and the one thing that keeps coming up and is really quit disturbing is "I watch msnbc all day" it is unbelievable how many people get all of their so called "news" from this crooked lying corrupt mouth piece of the liberal Democratic party! But I guess the shinning sliver lining is that msnbc ranks very low on the ratings chart! So a very small percentage of the American population is ignorant enough to watch and believe that msnbc is actually a good source of news and info!

7. SharronSharron
    May 5, 2021 23:32 GMT

I am disappointed with Joy on her new show. She talks waaaaaaay to fast and giggly, usually turn off.

8. EvanEvan
    Mar 16, 2021 07:09 GMT

Without question the most divisive cable news anchor of the three major networks. Her prejudice and anger comes across as HATE, pure and simple. There's really not much one can or should say if there's nothing positive at all to covey. Frankly, Joy Reid is the mirror image of the hate and divisiveness in the country today. It's really quite unfortunate, as she has a real opportunity before her and she's blowing it.

1. Ronald DumpRonald Dump
      Apr 27, 2021 07:02 GMT

You forgot to mention Fox Lies Network.

9. J kapJ kap
    May 8, 2021 03:05 GMT

She has a weird looking throat . I don’t watch it cus it’s alien like .

10. Bonnie HBonnie H
    Mar 24, 2021 23:39 GMT

Watching Joy Reid is soooo annoying. She flaps her arms around, speaks fast, laughs, giggles, interrupts and talks over her panel. She is excitable and when that happens she does not listen to the people on her show. She also seems disorganized with her thoughts. Also, what is up with the "Cheers" she says. I have stopped watching her show. I do like the Chris Hayes show.

1. Marcia SeibelMarcia Seibel
      Apr 17, 2021 16:21 GMT

I agree with all of your points...she IS annoying ...I’m not impressed with her attempts to be clever.

NOTE: You are replying to 's comment. [Cancel]