Cable TV Ratings

The ReidOut with Joy Reid Ratings

Twitter · Facebook
The ReidOut with Joy Reid Nielsen RatingsThe ReidOut with Joy Reid Nielsen Ratings
1MO3MO6MOYTD1YR2YR
109973640

The ReidOut is a weeknight television show airing on the cable network MSNBC at 7 p.m. ET. The program, which premiered in July 2020, addresses provocative political issues both inside and outside of the beltway by means of one-on-one conversations with politicians and newsmakers. Broadcasting live from Washington, the primetime lede news talk show is noted for its tenacious interviewing style and the host's passion for the exploration of the intersection of race, justice, and culture in America; all the while delving into the day's unfolding political headlines, and breaking down complex issues in a way that makes them digestible and accessible.

The ReidOut is hosted by Joy-Ann Lomena-Reid, a best-selling author and public speaker, who first joined MSNBC in 2011 as a contributor. Joy Reid previously hosted an afternoon show called The Reid Report and AM Joy, which aired on weekends. With The ReidOut, Reid's third show for MSNBC, she became the first black woman to host a national primetime news show since PBS NewsHour’s Gwen Ifill died in 2016, and the first black woman to anchor a primetime network show in the history of cable television. Prior to joining MSNBC, Joy Reid worked in the local news scene of Florida and also served as press secretary for the 2008 Barack Obama campaign.

The ReidOut with Joy Reid Ratings Chart

Ratings chart for The ReidOut with Joy Reid show on MSNBC

Joy Reid Ratings: The premiere of The ReidOut on July 20, 2020 set a network record when 2.6 million viewers tuned in to watch the episode, becoming the most watched show on its debut on MSNBC for the 7 p.m. ET time slot. That night, Joy Reid beat Martha MacCallum's The Story on Fox News by a margin of 23% as well as Erin Burnett Outfront on CNN by 99%, effectively winning the slot on all of cable news. Since then, the show has consistently ranked in the top 20 cable news programs, gaining much higher ratings than Hardball with Chris Matthews.

The ReidOut with Joy Reid Historical Ratings

Apr 202120236,000+17%121,532,000-6%+549%
Mar 202119201,000121,622,000+707%

MSNBC Top Programs

Comments (624)

1. BillBill
    Apr 25, 2022 22:08 GMT

I don’t understand how MSNBC can support a host who specializes in disinformation and hate. Put her on the View, Joy and Whoopi can worship her, and join in on an hour of hate and disinformation.

1. JohnJohn
      May 6, 2022 22:38 GMT

Say you don’t understand. That’s because you don’t want to understand. You don’t like what’s being said., so suddenly YOU don’t understand. The misinformation you get from Fox News, even though you know it’s a lie, you understand. Keep watching Fox, cause its what you want to hear, not what’s true. You’re a typical racist Trump supporter.

2. Melissa NearingMelissa Nearing
    Nov 16, 2021 00:54 GMT

Absolutely frightening this woman has a show. EVERYTHING is Racist. She's not likeable or trustworthy. Extremely hateful and condescending. I cringe whenever she starts speaking about the "Privilege" of white people to the white panel (co-hosts). They ignorantly nod in agreement as she shanks them on live TV.

1. JJ
      Nov 17, 2021 06:34 GMT

What's more frightening is that she gets over 1 million viewers listening to the garbage coming out of her sewer.

3. MarkMark
    Nov 9, 2021 05:34 GMT

The fact that MSNBC allows a show like Reids’s to continue spitting out lies and vitriol says a lot about the network and those in control.
    Our media has sunk to the lowest levels of hate it’s disgusting.

1. Scott johnsonScott johnson
      Nov 17, 2021 04:17 GMT

Robert you are.100% right she and msnbc are reason why there were riots.in Kenosha by lying about the man that was killed last.August was.unarmed and since there were no national guard Rittenhouse went to the city to protect it and was defending.himself killing two criminals. Now he will likely spend resr.of.his life in prison because of lies by msnbc calling him a murderer and white supremcist

4. Carol HallCarol Hall
    Nov 3, 2021 21:06 GMT

While scanning channels for election information I happened to see a panel that had Joy Reid. Frankly I found her comments shocking. She has a ugly heart. I will avoid her at all costs.

1. Ed Vietnam VetEd Vietnam Vet
      Nov 7, 2021 22:57 GMT

There has always been hate from all races because of ignorant people like her. She should not have a mouthpiece in a society that is trying to stop this hate. My one black friend ask me what could we do. I told him he would not be able to trust some of my white friends or me his friends, because we really don’t know who the raciest are. She fuels this just like stupid white raciest. Stop it or the raciest will start a Civil War, Is that what you want Ms. Reed?

5. Ann BagnellAnn Bagnell
    Feb 15, 2022 11:21 GMT

I am politically quite left and a longtime viewer of MSNBC but can no longer tolerate watching Joy Reid's shows. I started out a fan but the guests are often second-rate, not that credible, and I unfortunately now feel that she's taken a turn to make the show primarily about racism. Although my views are left wing, I want to hear more balanced perspective and in-depth reporting from leading journalists and newsmakers, not trivial gossip and accusations.

1. JohnJohn
      May 6, 2022 18:29 GMT

Ann you’re a idiot. 1st you’re lying about watching MSNBC, you’re not a patron of the Reid Out or MSNBC never have been, for that matter. You’re a Trump loving Fox News Viewer. Reason: you love the misinformation they give you and their audience. Racism is what all the cable TV shows is about. You just love the ones (FOX NEWS) that support YOUR racism.

6. Shirley DavisShirley Davis
    Sep 16, 2021 17:05 GMT

Joy Reid is just about the most racist journalist I have seen on TV. Is she a journalist? I watched her show twice and finally had to turn it off. She is a despicable, hateful woman who also needs a lesson in personal grooming. As a whole MSNBC is just awful and I won't tune in to that network again. They are absolutely part of the fake news.

1. JohnJohn
      Sep 18, 2021 00:14 GMT

Above comment is right on, I agree 101%.

7. Donny MoatDonny Moat
    Dec 16, 2021 22:22 GMT

She is a hateful bitter racist and everything she reports on she turns it into a racist "white Privilege" story.She is actually turning the country back to voting for Trump and she doesnt even realize it because the American people see right through her.Look at the Virginia race that just got done as an example and just wait for the 2022 vote and the 2024 Presidential vote and when thats done and Trump is back in office she will have realized that her non-stop racism and hate speech doesnt work and she will be left with her own miserable racist self.These type of people that spew hate and racism always get theirs in the end and hers is coming...

1. Curtis AlrigeCurtis Alrige
      May 11, 2022 20:28 GMT

WHO IS MORE RACIST AND VICIOUS THAN THE EVIL WHITE MEN, WHO HUNTED DOWN AND KILLED THE JOGGING YOUNG BLACK MAN IN GEORGIA. THOSE WHITE MURDERERS GOT LIFE IN PRISON !!!!! YES, JOY REID TALKS ABOUT THE MANY HATEFUL VILE DEEDS YOU WHITES DO TO BLACK PEOPLE.

8. JosephJoseph
    Nov 9, 2021 23:45 GMT

I have watched just a few minutes of her show to know its just toxic puke she spews from her mouth.. Plus her guests are a joke.. Boycott at all means!!

1. Derrick L WashingtonDerrick L Washington
      Jan 8, 2022 01:10 GMT

Nope, SHE isn't the joke, you are. I BET you money that you embrace the bs on Faux News

9. CatCat
    Mar 8, 2022 17:46 GMT

This joy Reid has to be the absolute worst person I ask WHY does she have a show she is the face of racism …. What a shame she is the absolutely a real creep and should be never ever be listened to because of people like her the world is a bad place I ask just who does she think she is … I’ll tell u who she is the most racist person who should be canceled!!!!!!

1. Curtis AlrigeCurtis Alrige
      May 11, 2022 20:37 GMT

LIKE I SAID, THE WHITE KILLER RACISTS IN GA AND THE NECK LYNCHING OF GEORGE FLOYD ARE A MERE SLIVER OF WHAT YOU HATEFUL WHITES DO TO BLACKS. THAT'S WHY JOY REID TELLS IT LIKE IT " T-EYE IS " !!!!!

HER TV RATINGS ARE SUPERB TOO !!!!!!

10. MikeMike
    Dec 10, 2021 00:21 GMT

Joy is hard to listen to. I’m m a white guy so I’m a white supremacist. I am a moderate Republican so I’m a Jan 6th insurrectionist.
    She is a hater, how is it possible that a person so bigoted can have a National TV show??
    If she was white and espoused similar beliefs against blacks would it be acceptable…..OF COURSE NOT.
    Come on MSNBC, smarten up.

1. Jennine  millerJennine miller
      Dec 26, 2021 01:39 GMT

If everyone stops watching her the ratings will go so low she will be fired

NOTE: You are replying to 's comment. [Cancel]