Cable TV Ratings

The ReidOut with Joy Reid Ratings

Twitter · Facebook
The ReidOut with Joy Reid Nielsen RatingsThe ReidOut with Joy Reid Nielsen Ratings
1MO3MO6MOYTD1YR2YR
2216495035

The ReidOut is a weeknight television show airing on the cable network MSNBC at 7 p.m. ET. The program, which premiered in July 2020, addresses provocative political issues both inside and outside of the beltway by means of one-on-one conversations with politicians and newsmakers. Broadcasting live from Washington, the primetime lede news talk show is noted for its tenacious interviewing style and the host's passion for the exploration of the intersection of race, justice, and culture in America; all the while delving into the day's unfolding political headlines, and breaking down complex issues in a way that makes them digestible and accessible.

The ReidOut is hosted by Joy-Ann Lomena-Reid, a best-selling author and public speaker, who first joined MSNBC in 2011 as a contributor. Joy Reid previously hosted an afternoon show called The Reid Report and AM Joy, which aired on weekends. With The ReidOut, Reid's third show for MSNBC, she became the first black woman to host a national primetime news show since PBS NewsHour’s Gwen Ifill died in 2016, and the first black woman to anchor a primetime network show in the history of cable television. Prior to joining MSNBC, Joy Reid worked in the local news scene of Florida and also served as press secretary for the 2008 Barack Obama campaign.

The ReidOut with Joy Reid Ratings Chart

Ratings chart for The ReidOut with Joy Reid show on MSNBC

Joy Reid Ratings: The premiere of The ReidOut on July 20, 2020 set a network record when 2.6 million viewers tuned in to watch the episode, becoming the most watched show on its debut on MSNBC for the 7 p.m. ET time slot. That night, Joy Reid beat Martha MacCallum's The Story on Fox News by a margin of 23% as well as Erin Burnett Outfront on CNN by 99%, effectively winning the slot on all of cable news. Since then, the show has consistently ranked in the top 20 cable news programs, gaining much higher ratings than Hardball with Chris Matthews.

The ReidOut with Joy Reid Historical Ratings

Jan 202114481,000+30%162,592,000+17%+439%
Dec 202016369,80092,222,600+501%

MSNBC Top Programs

Comments (432)

1. David gaffkeDavid gaffke
    Dec 3, 2021 03:33 GMT

As a gay male I was beaten up every other day in Junior high and high school, humiliated, harmed and belittled for my sexuality when I truly didn’t understand what being gay was. I was called a fag on the bus and called gay in gym class. All that I experienced with bullies is nothing compared to the hate joy Reid spews… I have no clue why management hasn’t said enough is a enough.

2. Melissa NearingMelissa Nearing
    Nov 16, 2021 00:54 GMT

Absolutely frightening this woman has a show. EVERYTHING is Racist. She's not likeable or trustworthy. Extremely hateful and condescending. I cringe whenever she starts speaking about the "Privilege" of white people to the white panel (co-hosts). They ignorantly nod in agreement as she shanks them on live TV.

1. JJ
      Nov 17, 2021 06:34 GMT

What's more frightening is that she gets over 1 million viewers listening to the garbage coming out of her sewer.

3. Katie WelshKatie Welsh
    Dec 3, 2021 05:17 GMT

This woman is the worst talking head ever to grace a cable talk show, if you can even call such nasty rambling a valid show. Shame, shame, shame on MSNBC for broadcasting her spewed filth and utter hatred. And to what end? The entire network is pathetic and contributes nothing good in this world. On the contrary, it is clear their aim is to promote division and more hatred. A word for this is EVIL. How do these people live with themselves? Corruption at the highest level. Congratulations. You’ve outdone yourselves. Yes, especially you. Ms Reid. Mental illness of the worst kind.

4. MarkMark
    Nov 9, 2021 05:34 GMT

The fact that MSNBC allows a show like Reids’s to continue spitting out lies and vitriol says a lot about the network and those in control.
    Our media has sunk to the lowest levels of hate it’s disgusting.

1. Scott johnsonScott johnson
      Nov 17, 2021 04:17 GMT

Robert you are.100% right she and msnbc are reason why there were riots.in Kenosha by lying about the man that was killed last.August was.unarmed and since there were no national guard Rittenhouse went to the city to protect it and was defending.himself killing two criminals. Now he will likely spend resr.of.his life in prison because of lies by msnbc calling him a murderer and white supremcist

5. Carol HallCarol Hall
    Nov 3, 2021 21:06 GMT

While scanning channels for election information I happened to see a panel that had Joy Reid. Frankly I found her comments shocking. She has a ugly heart. I will avoid her at all costs.

1. Ed Vietnam VetEd Vietnam Vet
      Nov 7, 2021 22:57 GMT

There has always been hate from all races because of ignorant people like her. She should not have a mouthpiece in a society that is trying to stop this hate. My one black friend ask me what could we do. I told him he would not be able to trust some of my white friends or me his friends, because we really don’t know who the raciest are. She fuels this just like stupid white raciest. Stop it or the raciest will start a Civil War, Is that what you want Ms. Reed?

6. JosephJoseph
    Nov 9, 2021 23:45 GMT

I have watched just a few minutes of her show to know its just toxic puke she spews from her mouth.. Plus her guests are a joke.. Boycott at all means!!

1. Zoe KZoe K
      Nov 10, 2021 08:01 GMT

Joy has not been on for two days, and yet your critique is off base. Admit it you don’t like her because she is BLACK, Harvard Grad.

7. Shirley DavisShirley Davis
    Sep 16, 2021 17:05 GMT

Joy Reid is just about the most racist journalist I have seen on TV. Is she a journalist? I watched her show twice and finally had to turn it off. She is a despicable, hateful woman who also needs a lesson in personal grooming. As a whole MSNBC is just awful and I won't tune in to that network again. They are absolutely part of the fake news.

1. JohnJohn
      Sep 18, 2021 00:14 GMT

Above comment is right on, I agree 101%.

8. Fake news haterFake news hater
    Sep 22, 2021 02:15 GMT

Joy really needs to find another country to move to as she obviously hates America and all white Americans. Why is all of her shows about race, well because she is the most racist idiot on television. I’m tired of her calling all white people “supremacist”. I have news for you moron, you are more of a supremacist than any white person I know. MSNBC should wake up and get people like her off the air, she is ruining what reputation you have left!

1. HeatherHeather
      Oct 4, 2021 22:41 GMT

Spot on about her hate of America and Americans. Not just White Americans as she too hates ADOS Blacks.

9. TrishTrish
    Nov 2, 2021 02:36 GMT

I love msnbc and used to watch from ri member, Chris matthews until brian Williams every night. I watched 2 or 3 nights of joy reid when she first got matthews slot. I will never watch her again. I can't even stand to watch the election coverage if she's on the panel. I miss kornacki at the big board but I just can't stand joy reid and her incendiary comments. So I watch CNN or pbs. I generally miss the first 5 minutes of Chris Hayes so I don't have to see her in the pass down. Ugggh.

1. JJ
      Nov 17, 2021 06:36 GMT

You need to pull you head out and skip MSNBC all together. It's nothing but Left wing lies 24/7.

10. Andrea WinterAndrea Winter
    Nov 16, 2021 11:13 GMT

What an awful woman. Everything i hear come out of this blatantly racist woman's mouth is nauseating. Why would you give someone that spews so much hate a show? She just spews lies and just looks at everything as being "racist". Do people really listen to her?

NOTE: You are replying to 's comment. [Cancel]